I’m mostly a C++ and Python GNU/Linux programmer with a mathematical bent. Below is a rough sketch of what kind of work I’ve done. If you want more details, contact me.
- July 2015 – present — Carbon and greenhouse gas emission accounting
- Work on a Django web app that collects and reports customer data related to ecological impact. Some light devops of the same app.
- January 2011 – June 2015 — Neuroimaging software development.
- Develop Perl, Python, and Octave software for medical data acquisition and image processing.
- March 2011 – July 2011 — Perl programmer analyst
- Perl programming, needs of web administration platform and implement them in Perl.
- October 2010 – February 2011 — Java programmer analyst
- Java programming, natural language processing, machine learning
- May, 2010 – September 2010 — Cryptography and security Linux, C and C++ Integration Engineer
- Integrate cryptographic products written in C and C++ for RedHat and SUSE Linux platforms. Improve elliptic curve cryptography implementation.
- September, 2009 – March, 2010 — Internet filtering C++ Software Developer
- Developed multithreaded C++ process monitor in a Linux and general Unix environment. Improved SNMP integration. Rewrote company MIB.
- March, 2009 – September 2009 — Human Resources PHP and Database Admin
- Management of in-house database for hosting our customer data.
- 2008, second half — Internet service provider C++ programmer
- C++ coding and BSD administration. Efficient string algorithms, embedded system development (MIPS with OpenWrt).
Developer and project contributor
- I am a core GNU Octave developer. Although I have made quite a few numerical C++ contributions in the past, at present I am more involved in a “managerial” role, and I try to help with infrastructure (servers, email, helping organising the conference). I am nevertheless eager to get back into the codebase.
- I have been involved with the Mercurial project, a Python-based alternative to git. I’ve been contributing patches..
- 2005 – 2007
- MSc specialising in applied mathematics, CIMAT
- 2000 – 2004
- Bachelor of Arts, First Class Honours Concentration in Mathematics, McGill University, Montréal.
- English — Native
- Spanish — Native
- French — Conversational
- Russian — Basic Conversational
- Operating Systems
- GNU/Linux, OpenBSD, FreeBSD, Unix, POSIX
- C++ (with Boost), C, Java, pthreads
- Python, Perl, PHP, bash
- MySQL, PostgreSQL
- MATLAB/Octave, Maxima
- GNU autotools, CMake, Emacs, Mercurial and other DVCSes
- Numerical methods and analysis, general mathematical ability at all levels, mathematical coding.
- Impeccable English-Spanish translation. Excellent grasp of the nuances and cultural associations of each language. Written and oral communication.